About the Pilot Programme for Climate Resilience (PPCR)
The $1.2 billion Pilot Program for Climate Resilience (PPCR) is a funding mechanism under the Climate Investment Funds (CIF)https://www.climateinvestmentfunds.org/
The PPCR has a
- It assists national governments in integrating climate resilience into development planning across sectors and stakeholder groups.
- It provides additional funding to put these plans into action and to pilot innovative public and private sector solutions to pressing climate-related risks.
To date, $939 million (about 80% of PPCR funding) has been approved and is being
About the Caribbean Regional Track of the PPCR
The Caribbean Regional Track of the Pilot Programme for Climate Resilience (PPCR) in the Caribbean is one of two regional tracks of the global PPCR.
The Caribbean Regional Track is working to:
- Improve regional processes to acquire, store,
analyse, access and disseminate climate relevantdata, and Pilotand scale up innovative climate resilient initiatives in the region.
The Regional Track is coordinated by the Mona Office for Research and Innovation at the Mona Campus of the University of the West Indies, Jamaicahttps://www.mona.uwi.edu/mori/. The Programme Management Unit is located
The Caribbean Regional Track is working with five regional
Curabitur quis dui volutpat, cursus eros ut, commodo elit. Cum sociis natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Ut id est euismod, rhoncus nunc quis, lobortis turpis. Tam sociis natoque. Curabitur quis dui volutpat, cursus eros ut, commodo elit. Cum sociis natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes.
- Clean Technology 80% 80%
- Forest Investment Program 60% 60%
- Pilot program for Climate Resilience 50% 50%
- Scaling up Renewable Energy in low Income Countries Program 90% 90%