- This event has passed.
Webinar: Component 2 – Weather and Climate Early Warning in the Caribbean
January 11, 2021 @ 9:00 AM - 10:30 AMFree
“To be forewarned is to be forearmed” – most of us grew up hearing this. Weather and climate monitoring and impact-based forecasting allow us to prepare for the onset of dangerous conditions, while at the same time affording us the opportunity of taking advantage of good conditions ahead.
What goes into this early warning information?
How do weather, water and climate authorities get the data necessary to provide this information?
And how is this data managed and made accessible to product developers, researchers and decision-makers?
Who are the key players in making sure such information is fit for purpose? Join us for this and more…
1. Welcome and brief overview of CIMH and its involvement in the PPCR programme – Dr. David Farrell (Principal)
2. Enhancement of hydro-meteorological monitoring networks in the Caribbean – Mr. Shawn Boyce
3. Building national capacity in climate information and services provision
– Mrs. Shontelle Stoute, Dr. Theodore Allen
4. Advancing climate services for climate sensitive sectors in the Caribbean
– Ms. Jodi-Ann Petrie
5. Increase in the capacity of backup storage of regional climate data
– Mr. Daison Lowe
6. Building climate resilience under Component 2.
– Dr. David Farrell
7. Questions and Answers